HUBER Coanda Grit Washing Plant RoSF4
Grit separation, washing, dewatering in one system
- Reduced disposal costs
- Utilisation of the Coanda effect ensures high grit removal efficiency.
- Less than 3 % organic content
- High solids throughput
- More than 2,000 installations worldwide
The HUBER Coanda Grit Washing Plant combines grit classifying and grit washing in a single and compact unit. By using the Coanda effect the process of classifying can be combined with the process of sorting to ensure a continuously high separation efficiency and outstanding washing performance.
The solids contained in the flow (grit particles, organic material) are then separated due to the flow diversion combined with flow velocity reduction, dependent upon the particle settling velocity, and sink down to the bottom portion of the tank. The excellent flow pattern in the COANDA Grit Washer leads to a > 95 % separation of 0.20 - 0.25 mm diameter grit particles.
The separation degree depends on the settling velocity of the solids to be separated (due to the influence of particle density and size) so that also organic material will be separated.
The separated grit is then washed, i.e. attached organic matter is separated from the mineral grit particles.
After removal of the organic material the clean grit is removed through a classifying screw, statically dewatered and discharged into a container. The organic material left in the COANDA Grit Washing Plant is removed from the plant also automatically but discontinuously, depending on the entire process, so that a defined separation capacity is constantly available.
Advantages of the HUBER Coanda Grit Washing Plant RoSF4
- No additional preceding screening required (e.g. < 4 mm)
- Reduced disposal costs
- 95% capture rate of 0.20 – 0.25 mm diameter grit particles due to the Coanda Effect and low surface overflow rate
- Organic content reduction to < 3% loss on ignition ; reutilization or TASI dumping possible
- Dewatering of washed grit to very high DS content of approx. 90% dry residue
- High grit and gravel yield
- Suitable for treatment of grit from sewers, gully waste, road sweepings
- No crushing of stones and gravel
- The screw is supported on both ends for minimised wear.
- On-line grit level measurement during grit feeding
- Grit level measurement independent of grit particle size
- Encapsulated, odour-free plant
- Separate organics discharge allows for separate further treatment of organics
- Large diameter screws for a high solids throughput
- Stainless steel stirrer and screw
- More than 2,000 installations worldwide give proof of customer satisfaction
- Easy to integrate into complete treatment processes
- Up to 3 m³ solids throughput per hour