HUBER Dissolved Air Flotation Plant HDF
Wastewater treatment, product recovery and process water treatment through flotation with micro bubbles.
Process water is needed in many production processes as a solvent, for production of material, or for cleaning purposes. Water is recirculated and reused for economical and environmental reasons. Grease, oil, fat, floating and suspended solids, settling material, and dissolved components need to be separated to provide good and uniform water quality. Recovery of valuable product from the water may be another additional objective. In addition, clogging and excessive wear of pipelines and other associated equipment is prevented, which increases the operating reliability of the production plant.
Where used process water is discharged as wastewater, pre-treatment is often required to prevent toxic or otherwise harmful substances from entering the sewer system and reduce thus surcharges and fees. Conventional gravity clarifiers are often incapable to achieve sufficient pre-treatment. Various types of flotation processes have been developed, whereof dissolved air flotation with pressure water recirculation has proven most effective.
The HUBER Dissolved Air Flotation Plant provides a significantly improved flotation process with a special inlet structure that provides optimum control of the flow within the flotation tank.
HUBER Dissolved Air Flotation Plants are successfully operated for a wide variety of industrial and municipal applications, such as:
Advantages of the HUBER Dissolved Air Flotation Plant
- completely made of stainless steel (1.4571)
- chemical phase can be added - increased separation efficiency
- complete solution with mechanical pre-treatment (ROTAMAT® Ro 1, Ro 2, Ro 5, Ro 9)
- standard sizes -> favorable prices
- low space requirement
- non-clogging saturation system
- non-clogging integral lamella packages
- no costly pressure tanks -> low maintenance requirements
- increased effective separation area due to integral lamella separator
We provide complete systems for mechanical-physical water treatment by combining the HUBER HDF with other HUBER components:
- Chemical pre-treatment by precipitation, neutralization and flocculation in a tube reactor to improve separation efficiencies, and even remove some dissolved pollutants
- Mechanical pre-treatment with
- Treatment of the removed scum and sediment: