In order to meet PAS 110 for use of digestate as a fertiliser, the plastics content must be reduced. We at HUBER have successfully installed our STRAINPRESS® for plastics removal at a number of sites. The unit is successful at removing plastics and other large material, enabling digestate to meet PAS 110. The STRAINPRESS® operates automatically and requires minimal maintenance, ideal for AD plants.
The STRAINPRESS® offers:
- Continuous screening, dewatering and transport of coarse material in one operation.
- Enclosed, pressurised operation, so no reliance on multiple pumping stages and can be integrated in pressurised pipelines.
- Complete Stainless Steel fabrication for enhanced asset life.
- Reliable mechanical perforated plate cleaning without the need for any water or chemicals.
- Automatic pressure cone system for maximum dewatering efficiency and compaction of the separated material. Typical screenings are 40-50% DS, minimising disposal volumes.
- Increased operating reliability of downstream sludge treatment systems such as thickening, disinfection, stabilisation, dewatering, drying, and reduced maintenance requirements
- Quick opening and closure device makes control and inspection easy. The screen section is fixed; the press zone has castor swivel wheels and is therefore easy to shift.
- When installed between the digester and the first digestate storage tank, the constant head in the digester can be used to pressurise the STRAINPRESS® without pumping.
- When installed on a platform, separated plastics fall from the STRAINPRESS® directly into a skip below.
HUBER Technology can supply the STRAINPRESS® complete with:
- Frost protection
- Control panel
- Support platform or Conveyor
James Tucker, HUBER’s Industrial Business Development Manager commented that “the STRAINPRESS® is ideally suited to this application and provides excellent results. With nearly 400 units sold in the UK alone and decades of experience servicing and maintaining the units, HUBER STRAINPRESS® units are an obvious choice.”
HUBER Technology are experts in providing equipment to enhance Anaerobic Digestion, with post-digestion screening being just one of the options. Other equipment includes grit removal, grit washing, packaging compaction and digestate dewatering.
With skid-mounted units available to trial, we are happy to demonstrate the equipment’s performance on your site.
Our skid-mounted unit is ideally suited for on-site trials and comes complete with:
- STRAINPRESS® SP290 unit
- Multiple basket types for various application requirements
- Control panel mounted to skid and pre-cabled for plug-and-play
- Feed pump mounted to skid
There is an option to bypass the feed pump so that the STRAINPRESS® can be fed by the pre-existing pump. The STRAINPRESS® operates as a pressurised screen, so can be installed into a pressurised pipeline, not requiring an additional forwarding pump.